Things I hope for in tomorrow’s election:
- A clear winner. Hopefully, there will be enough of a difference in the results so the election won’t be in dispute.
- If someone concedes, be a man of your word and stick to it. Al Gore could have saved this country a lot of frustrations and leftist cries of a stolen election if he had just stuck to his word.
- If President Bush wins by a considerable majority that the left will finally shut up about “stolen elections”.
- If Senator Kerry wins that conservatives regret the loss, congratulate Senator Kerry and focus on 2008.
- That the news media shows a modicum of partiality and not declare winners in states that are still too close to call. If the media didn’t declare Gore the winner in Florida too early we wouldn’t have had the problems we did in 2000.
- That the people who say they’ll leave the country if Bush gets re-elected actually leave if he gets re-elected.
- This bears repeating. That when we all wake up on November 3rd we have one clear winner, a gracious loser, and citizens who can get on with their lives.
I know I’m hoping for too much.